Thursday, September 21, 2006

One Year Anniversary

This month marks my first anniversary writing this blog. Since my first posts, here, beginning on September 15th of 2005, I've written almost 250 pieces.

As I've made this a more routine, daily commentary, my focus has left politics, and focused nearly exclusively on business.

One of the things I've noticed is that writing a daily "column" has sharpened my own sense of the essentials in the business stories on which I comment. It's also helped me to understand how technology has become such a great leveler in recent years. With online publications, cable news, and free online video services such as YouTube, a writer like me is at no disadvantage with respect to news flow, when it comes to selecting topics and having access to information about those topics, on which to opine.

Beyond that, it's also given me many opportunities to test and reinforce my contention, initially born out of my proprietary empirical research, that there are certain hallmarks of companies and sectors that seem to lend themselves to achieving consistently superior returns for their shareholders. Since this is the focus of my companion large-cap equity investment strategy, writing a daily piece for this blog has added a visceral, approachable feel to the rather theoretical notions which originated from my research ten years ago.

If you read this blog regularly, thanks for visiting, and I hope you continue to read and enjoy my work.

No comments: