Wednesday, December 13, 2006

McGraw-Hill Makes PRA's Portfolio Selection List

I'm pleased to note that McGraw-Hill is in my (Performance Research Associates) equity portfolio selections this month. As I wrote here, recently, I found that the company's total return performance would merit inclusion, but, ironically, I thought it's occasional bursts of accelerating revenue growth would make it too inconsistent for my portfolio.

It just goes to show that you should trust the numbers, not subjective judgment. When my December selections were completed, McGraw-Hill was among the low-growth component of the portfolio.

I remain impressed with Terry McGraw's feat. I've repasted my analysis of McGraw-Hill and GE from last month nearby (please click on the table to see a larger version), to provide the reader with recent revenue and NIAT growth, and total return data, for the former.

Managing to wring such consistent revenue and profit growth out of this collection of rather modest businesses is noteworthy.

No comments: