Saturday, April 10, 2010

Great Customer Care from A Hampton Inn Franchisee

I love seeing great customer service in action.

Last weekend, I visited my daughter in New Hampshire for a few days. While there, I took advantage of the location and season to get a last day of spring skiing in up in the White mountains at Cannon, in Franconia Notch.

The day that I returned home, I found this email in my inbox,

"Just wanted to thank you for staying with us these past three nights. I hope your trip to this area went well.

We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit.

Ken

Ken Martin
Director of Sales
Hampton Inn Concord/Bow"


The email wasn't from Hampton/Hilton, though. The address was that of the Paramount Hotel Group that obviously owns the Hampton at which I stayed.

I can't recall any other Hampton owner doing this. It really stood out and got my attention.

In replying to Mr. Martin, I found myself restating my appreciation for his hotel.

What a great example of nearly costless, yet high-impact customer relationship management.

If only most businesses were run so well.

No comments: